10-12 weeks training time, minimum 10 points accrued
Students should show a good quality of stance, speed and power. Kata and any techniques demonstrated should be performed without mistakes and must bedelivered with proper timing, continuation and kime (focus of power and energy).
DACHI Stance demonstration
1. SHOMEN NI Full body facing (Natural stance)
2. HANMI Half body ( forward & back both sides)
3. ZEN Front stance (forward & back both sides)
4. KIBA Side body (forward & back both sides)
5. Make Gedanbarai (groin block). Step Forward Gedanbarai x3 Mawatte. (turn)
6. Age Uke (rising block) x 3 stepping forward, Mawatte (turn)
7. Soto Uke (outside block) x 3 stepping forward, Mawatte (turn)
8. Oi Zuki chudan (stepping punch) x 3 stepping forward, Mawatte (turn) Yame.
9. Make front stance, Mae Geri (front kick) x 3 stepping forward, (turn) Yame
10. Make side stance Yoko Geri Kiage (side snap kick) in Kiba Dachi (side stance) x 3, Mawatte (turn) Yame.
Kihon Kata / Taikyoku Shodan (Basic form)
Halfway only. No count
Without partner from Yoi Dachi (natural stance)
x2 punches Chudan (middle) then x2 outside blocks.
x2 punches Jodan (head) then x2 rising blocks.